Sunday, November 6, 2011

#71 - Getting Older & Turning Clocks Back

I have never been one of those people who worries about their age and how old they are turning.  I knew someone who just HAD to be married before her 30th birthday.  Why? Would she turn into a pumpkin if she wasn't???? Never found out, as she did get married at 29 and made her deadline (and was divorced five years later).  I also knew another person who cried the morning of her 40th birthday.  I am following my grandmother's philosophy: you are only as old as you allow yourself to feel.  But here is something I have noticed as I am aging: little things in life make me happy.  How is this a pet peeve, you might ask? Well, when one suddenly remembers at 7:05pm on Saturday night that we turn clocks back, and that person and her spouse almost do cart wheels across the backyard because they will get an EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP, there's something not right with those people!!!!
                                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment