Wednesday, November 9, 2011

#74 - Walking on Eggshells

Life can be difficult at times.  Life can be painful at times.  Life can be sad at times.  On the flip side of these statements is my view of life.  Life is a gift.  Life offers us many opportunities.  Life can be filled with joy and happiness.  All of the above are factual tidbits.  No one would deny any of these statements (at least I don't think so).  I realize that an individual's personality determines their perspective on life and how they deal with occurences in life. However, I find it somewhat irksome that the rest of the world needs to discover what personality is rearing it's head before proceeding through the day.  Being a somewhat direct person, I find it tiresome to walk on eggshells because one is in some kind of mood on a given day.  Again, I am not saying we can't all have a bad day, i.e. not feeling well physically, a family member is sick, etc. But I guess most people are not up front.  As a matter of fact, from what I have experienced in my life, I would hazard a guess and say that more people are passive aggressive.  They get pissed about something, but instead of saying what they are pissed about, they walk around with an attitude, resulting in others having to walk on eggshells. So, here are a few suggestions I have to remedy this situation.
1. Using make-up, paint a clown smiley face on and at least I cannot see the grumpiness on your face.
2. Take a pill.
3. Listen to some Black Sabbath.
4. Take another pill.
5. Put up a sign stating your attitude that will not require any verbal exchange for the day.
6. Take a sick day.
7. Buy me a pair of new slippers to aid in my walking softly on the eggshells.
                                                         
                                                                   




No comments:

Post a Comment