Sunday, September 4, 2011

#12 - People Who Sit Inappropriately

There is a saying in my family that has been in practice since I was in kindergarten .  If a female member of the fam is wearing a skirt or dress and is sitting with their legs apart, so someone can see what color their underwear is, we simply say the name "Pamela". This began with a kindergarten play at my grammar school, and one of my classmates named Pamela was sitting center stage in front of an auditorium full of parents and grandparents.  Now it just so happened, that Pamela must never have been taught at the ripe old age of 5, to sit with her legs closed.  So, there is Pamela (I even still remember her last name which is being withheld to protect her identity!), sitting with her legs spread so far apart that not only could everyone in the audience see her underwear, including my father, but people on the west coast would have been able to see it! And my Irish Catholic father, being the great story teller that he was, told the story afterwards with great humor.  From then on, anyone sitting in an inappropriate fashion was dubbed "Pamela".  So, even though I can laugh at the Pamela story, I find it slightly gross when I see someone sitting with their legs in a gigantic V - male or female!
                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment