Monday, September 26, 2011

#29 - People Who Do Not Pay Attention

We live in a fast paced, frenzied world, where we are inundated with information from electronic devices on a continual pace throughout the day ( and throughout the night), so it really should come as no surprise that we do not read all that comes through our computers, laptops, ipads, & smart phones. And I myself, have been guilty of opening an email, perusing it quickly, saving it, with the intention of going back to it a bit later when I would have the time to answer it. HA! That would require me remembering I had even saved the said email or that I had actually received one to begin with!  So, I do have understanding when it comes to missing an occasional email.  Notice the operative word in that sentence - OCCASIONAL.  When 3-4 emails are sent over the course of 4 weeks, with reminders of upcoming retreat and training dates, and with information on fall classes, requiring the teachers to verify their information is correct (email address, phone #s and most importantly, the session day & time they signed up to teach, I would kind of hope they would actually READ & RESPOND TO THE EMAIL).  But no, no, that's apparently not the process for some.  Here is what I am guessing the process is: email from the DRE; open and look at the subject line; jeez, how many emails is she gonna send us in just a few weeks; I already told her in one email sometime over the summer that I was too busy to teach this coming year; didn't she get my email; I could send her another email telling her to take my name off the catechist list but I just don't have the 75 seconds that would take; oh well, she'll find another teacher.  And then there's another type who assumes that everything that I do is perfect and there is never a mistake, so there was no reason to check on any of the info.  Mind you, if this just impacted me, it wouldn't be making my list of pet peeves.  This impacts about 28 kids and their families, in addition to making more work for me, and at this time of year, I don't need any more work.  Perhaps, God is teaching me a lesson in compassion, understanding & patience. You could just send me an email, Lord!
                                                          








No comments:

Post a Comment