What is it that goes through a person's mind when they ask you for something, and your answer is no.
1) Gee, maybe she didn't really understand what I just asked.
2) Oh, her ears must be clogged today, so I better ask again.
3) Maybe I should speak in another language so she understands my request.
4) I know I can wear her down if I ask the same thing over and over again.
5) If I act pitifully enough, she will feel sorry for me and give in to my request.
I certainly can understand a child doing this, as they are not fully mature human beings, and they will try anything to get what they want. Ah, there-in lies the problem, I think. Many adults are not fully mature human beings and cannot accept what I say "NO", I really mean it!