Tuesday, September 20, 2011

#24 - People Who Do Not Clean Up After Themselves

My German heritage dictates that I am a bit OCD about cleanliness.  Yes, I am one of those people who cleans the windows on the house at least 4 times a year and changes the curtains for fall/winter and spring/summer, along with bedding.  I have a cleaning person who somes every other Thursday and I actually clean on her off Thursdays, which Diane the cleaning person finds humorous, as she says my house is not messy (well, duh, it would be if I didn't clean!).  I wipe out my refrigerator shelves every other day, as the ring marks from bottles bothers me.  So, it will come as no surprise to those of you reading this, that my workplace kitchen drives me crazy.  We have this beautiful state of the art kitchen (was added in the finishing off of the church basement a year ago) that is huge - 4 sinks, 3 dishwashers, 2 microwaves, 2 ovens, an 8 burner gas stove, cabinets galore & a vast amount of stainless steel counters (stationery & rolling) for prep work. Rachel Ray would be drooling! But  how do most people treat this wonderful HGTV specimen of a kitchen - like a dump!  Here are a few scenarios:
1. Let's make a cup of coffee and spill sugar and creamer on the stainless steel counter (that you can obviously see the white crystals & powder on), but walk away and not wipe it up, because after all I have my cup of coffee/tea in my hand & my other hand must be broken.
2. Now I have finished that coffee/tea and will leave it in the sink for 6 hours because the Holy Spirit may come and wash it out for me.
3. I need to eat my breakfast at work because, after all, 9am is soooo early to be getting to work, and I am hungry, so I will cook some toast and oatmeal, and leave the crumbs all over the counter, because once again, my hand is otherwise occupied carrying my toast back to my desk, where I will eat it and deposit even more crumbs, which may or may not get wiped up. Although when I spill my tea/coffee all over my desk that will wash away the crumbs.
4. Let me cook my lunch in the microwave, 3 hours after I ate my breakfast, and if it explodes that's OK, because the microwave is mounted in the wall above my head and I am not eye level with it, therefore I cannot see the splattered mess all over that needs to be cleaned up (well, I can see the top but I can't reach it anyway).
5. I'm a little full and can't finish my entire lunch (hey, I just ate breakfast) so now I will store the leftovers (approximately 4 oz) in the fridge for the next 3 weeks because I will forget it is in there or I really don't care to eat leftovers, but the Holy Spirit may clean the fridge, so I do not need to worry about it.
I cannot imagine what these people's house look like!!!! The only other possibility is that they are just so exhausted from cleaning their own house that they cannot do it at work.  I don't think so, Tim!
                                                                   





No comments:

Post a Comment