Thursday, September 29, 2011

#32 - Puss Faced People

Everyone has a bad day now and then.  Everyone can be in a bad mood now and then.  Everyone can be grouchy now and then. But do you have to share it with the whole world?  I am by nature an optomist and try to always be upbeat.  So, if I am having a bad day because I do not feel well, I simply say to people, I feel like crap today, my head is pounding, I think I'm fighting something. This then signals the listener to stay away from me (mostly because they do not want to catch whatever it is I'm fighting, but that's OK, they got the message!). If I am extremely busy and not sure how I am going to get everything done in the course of the day that needs to get done, that is my business (and my poor secretary's business!), and I do not feel a need to share that burden with everyone else! So, when I come in to my office in the AM and say good morning, how are you today, to a co-worker, it really turns me off to hear, "good morning, *sigh* *sigh*, it was a good day until I got here".  So then, why don't you leave?  Or better yet - quit. Be without a job right now, even though you complain about money all the time.  Better yet, don't even get out of bed in the morning.  Just sleep all day and dream about the job you were meant to have!  Better yet - go to a doctor and get some anti-depressants and while you're at it, bring a few in for the rest of us, because you're bringing us all down!
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment